Information for Parents, Guardians and Students
Thank you for sending your Registration.
We are looking forward to a fun filled learning experience at the LJYC with your child.
LJYC Sailing School on the CNIB property just off Lake Joseph Road, #4 Joe Finley Way. We are located south of Gordon Bay Marine and North of Foots Bay.
Pease take great care and observe the posted speed limits. as you enter the CNIB road as there are visually impaired campers on site.
Proceed straight down this road until the end where you will see out site. You can’t miss the sailboats!!! There is limited parking at the sailing centre and we ask you to park at the end of the lane or on the West side of the laneway. Please avoid parking the gravel Fire route. You can find us on Google Maps.
Regular Sailing School Hours are from 9:00 am to 4:00 pm daily, Monday to Friday. Note Morning only sessions from 9:00am to 12:30pm. Our instructors have preparation and planning to do before and after classes and cannot be responsible for your child outside these hours unless prearranged.
LUNCH & SNACKS
As you know, School runs through 6 weeks of a very hot (we hope!) summer. Please remember that lunches and snacks may be outside in the sun for most of the day so a freezer pack is helpful.
All students in a full day program will need to bring a lunch with them as there is no on-site facilities to purchase food. We do have water on-site to fill up student water bottles however. Note, there is no sharing of food and all garbage must be taken home due to COVID restrictions. Please send a plastic bag to make it easy for them.
NOTE: It is important that any nuts, including peanut butter, not be a part of any lunch or snack as several students enrolled have severe peanut allergies. We are a nut free facility.
WHAT TO BRING TO SAILING:
- A well-fitting CSA approved PFD (life jacket)
- water shoes or sandles that stay on in the water– footwear is required
- sun hat, sunscreen, bug spray if your child uses
- change of clothes, warm sweater if weather cool
- light rain/wind jacket
- lunch and snacks
- lots of water to drink in a refillable water bottle
- all personal belongings labelled with a waterproof permanent marker.
- a fun attitude and willingness to learn and try new experiences!
AT THE SAILING CENTRE
- Safety is a priority. Children are not permitted on any dock without a PFD (life jacket). Except during supervised swim time.
- To keep our costs down, the camp and equipment in good working order we ask that you consider volunteering your time or skills. We are Not-for-profit organization and count on volunteers to assist us to keep our camp running long-term. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for details.
- Any person using the sailing school facilities, is asked to behave in a manner appropriate to a fun, safe youth camp. Playing loud music, inappropriate language, rough housing, bullying or creating a disturbance, or acting in a manner hazardous to oneself or others is not permitted.
- Please keep the grounds tidy. Remind your child that they should not leave and garbage after lunch and should dispose of it in a bag to take home.
- All items that your child brings to sailing should be clearly labeled. It makes it easier for our Instructors to make sure anything left behind is returned daily to the correct child.
- If your child chooses to bring a phone or other electronic device, it’s use is only permitted at lunch time, and must be kept in their bags at all other times. LJYC is not responsible for any lost or damaged devices
We look forward to providing your sailor a fun, safe and enjoyable experience at the LJYC this summer!! Can’t wait to meet you all!
May you donwload Information for Parents here!.